Dearest Ones,
"Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid." (John 14:27) Since my heart was doing unusual things, this verse from John's Gospel helped me get through the past few days - but I am now back at work and good to go. No restrictions on my life - I can drive, go to work and enjoy life as usual. I feel I have been surrounded by angels throughout this ordeal. First of all, you my angels, knowing you were praying for me was such a comfort; thank you for the prayers and good wishes. I could feel your prayers immensely. I have been told I have an irregular heartbeat, but that medication usually keeps it under control. My second group of angels were the nurses and doctors, who cared for me. One in particular, a male nurse, was so gentle, confident and compassionate. When I told him how much I appreciated these qualities, he said, "You know why?" When I said, "No," he replied, "I treat every patient as if they were my mother and we want her around for a long time!" How beautiful! For years God has been my companion, but now He put me to the test, to see if I'd really trust in His words, "trust in the Lord and be of good courage." My rosary was my constant companion and my life line - I offered many Hail Mary's for all of you. I had a cord rosary and somehow it got all knotted up, so I asked a nurse to please unknot it and if she did so I promised to pray for her. Of course, she fixed it without any trouble and was delighted to get my promise of prayers, which I promised to every other dear person who helped me. I will always be grateful. I picked up my Bible and stopped in Luke and began reading the passage about Christ praying in the garden: "Father, if You are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but Yours be done." An angel from Heaven appeared to him and strengthened Him. (Luke 22:42-43) Even Jesus needed the comfort of an angel. "Thank you, God, for putting so many angels in my life. With them I know I can face tomorrow."
With all my love and prayers,
Sister Francelle
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment