Dearest Ones,
I read an interesting survey, which asked the question: "What are you looking for most in life?" When the results were compiled, people were surprised. Most of them expected answers such as, "I'm looking for money, ' "I'm looking for great success." They were surprised to find the top three things people wanted most in life were love, joy and peace. That is what people really want. Old people, middle-aged and young people are all looking for love, joy and peace. And isn't that exactly what the Bible says you can expect as a follower of Jesus Christ? You can know the love of God put in your heart by the Holy Spirit; you can know the peace that passes all human understanding and that leads you to the joy of the Lord. God does want you to experience these things in your life. They're not just cliches on a greeting card. They're real. They're available. Many think that's not true. They have a very pessimistic outlook on life. Is that your outlook right now? Have you grown hard and bitter because you feel like life isn't fair and you've been through too many hard times? This is not the way God wants you to live. He wants you to know Him and have a deep, loving relationship with Him. He wants you to know Him and how much He cares for you. Only this will bring you love, peace and joy. He wants the best for you, even when you may be living in dark times and when it seems that all is lost. You can have a life that has purpose on this earth, and still have the guarantee of life everlasting in heaven. Isn't that the biggest issue of all, "where will I spend eternity? We all want meaningful lives here, but it's where we'll spend eternity that is really important. A psychologist once asked 3,000 people this question: 'What do you live for?" He was shocked to find that 94 percent were simply enduring the present while waiting for the future. Waiting for something to happen. Some were waiting for their children to grow up and leave home. Others were waiting for next year. Others were waiting for a long dreamed about trip - others were waiting for tomorrow. Is that what you're doing? Just waiting.... If someone asked me the question, "What do you live for?" I'd say I live for the present moment, trying to forget the past and I take good care not to worry about the future - that's in God's hands. I don't always do this perfectly by any means. I wish to put as much love as possible into each one of life's precious moments! Whatever they bring, joys or sorrows, God's will be done. I know many of you are carrying heavy crosses. I beg God to give you the strength and patience to suffer. He will set you free when it is the right time. Always remember, in darkness, Jesus is with you. You might think all is lost but be assured that Jesus is holding you tighter than ever to his heart. He suffers with you - you are never alone.The Bible says there is a road that leads to heaven. It's not crowded or popular, but if you follow it, it will get you to heaven. It is the only road to heaven, even though a lot of people choke on that truth. Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life." That bugs a lot of people. They agree that Jesus was a great guy, but one of many great people who thought they were leading people to heaven, such as Mohammed, Buddha, Joseph Smith, etc. All of these people have died, Jesus died too, but He is the only one who rose from the dead! There were eye witnesses who saw Him, so we know it's true. He's still with us, guiding us, helping us and leading us as we struggle along the path that leads to heaven. None of the other leaders are still here. We know that some have not had the opportunity to know about Jesus. They will not be held accountable and can still go to heaven. Only those who reject Jesus, who reject the truth, are in danger of losing their souls.I'll take my chances with Jesus and follow the narrow path leading to peace, joy and love. Jesus is the reason I get up in the morning. I live for Jesus because He's going to take me to heaven and I can hardly wait 'til I get there!
In God's peace, love and joy!
Sister Francelle
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment