Dearest Ones,
We all have storms and trials in our lives. The thorns of life come to every person. Most of the time, we think God is in control when times are going well - the kids aren't sick, our job is going well and everyone is happy. But the same God is in control in the tough times as in the good. God will not allow a storm to overtake you. God will allow the winds of the storm to blow you where He wants you to go. At times, we may wish to say, "I can't believe this is happening to me" but if you stay in faith those winds will blow you to a new destiny.
God can make that storm move you to a place of greater blessing. A lot of people say they have great faith, but in the tough times they fall apart, they feel like God's abandoning them but they have to realize that God is in control of that storm. Nothing is happening without God's permission. Instead of using our faith to pray away every difficulty, instead if we can just believe that when the winds stop blowing we'll be exactly where God wants us to be. Most storms we can see the end but there are some storms where you don't see any sign of the end - it looks like it is never going to turn around. You're never going to get out of this one.
God will never take you to some place where He won't sustain you. When you stop losing sleep over it and say, " God "I trust You, I know you control these storms, they can either blow me backwards, sideways, but one thing I'm confident in is where you take me is where I'm supposed to be." When we're praying desperately for someone to get well, and then God takes them anyway, this is not defeat, because our loved one is right in the arms of our heavenly Father. The storm took them home, which is where we're all going, anyway. It's easy to get bitter and give up on our dreams.
When the storm is coming against you, it's easy to get frustrated and start trying to change things you were never meant to change. Be a believer by saying, "God I trust you." When you come back to that place of peace, knowing that God is in control of the situation, then those winds that were meant to push you down will end up pushing you higher and higher. God wouldn't have allowed the storm if it was going to keep you from your destiny.
Quit fighting and say, "God, I'm going to quit fighting and let this storm take me to where you want me to go." If we can just shake off the discouragement and the self-pity, then we will rise above every obstacle and rise above every storm. You will accomplish your dreams.
I love you all so much,
Sister Francelle sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com
1 comment:
Thank you! Your post was written for me, not to read on March 7, but on March 10 at this very moment. Thirty minutes ago, as I rested alongside my young children after tucking them into bed, I was given a vision of being in a great storm, with me just trying to keep my ship upright in the crashing waves. My marriage is under spiritual attack, and I am recognizing my efforts continue to be powerless against the Enemy. It has reached a breaking point. Even today, I have felt God's grace in a more profound way giving me peace and focus to weather this storm, and give up trying to control or change it. I have asked God today, for discernment, to help me know when He is providing me truth about the direction I should take. So I logged on a few minutes ago and my first email was your story, reassuring me that the imagery God just provided me a half hour ago, is what He wants me to do... continue to pray, recognize He is in control of the storm, He will protect me and my marriage, and I am to do only my best to keep my ship upright in the crashing waves, while letting the winds carry me, hopefully us, to a place of peace that will be much better than anywhere we could have navigated on our own.
Post a Comment