Dearest Ones,
"Do whatever is within your power to spread devotion to My mercy. I will make up for what you lack. Tell aching mankind to snuggle chose to my merciful Heart, and I will fill it with peace." These are the loving words of Jesus to Sister Faustina, a Polish nun, in the year 1928. It seems rather unusual that Jesus would ask us to "snuggle close" to His heart. To snuggle means to "feel comfortable with" and isn't that what Jesus wants. He asked this poor uneducated Catholic Sister to have a picture painted exactly as he looked, as he appeared to her. Unable to paint it herself, she had to ask someone else to do it. This took a long time but finally, it was completed to her satisfaction. Then, Jesus specifically asked her to inscribe the following words, JESUS, I TRUST IN YOU! below the picture. Jesus appeared to be about 30 years old, wearing a long white gown. His left hand points to his heart, where red rays (signifying blood) and white rays (signifying water) flowed from his heart. With His right hand he is extending a blessing. Faustina was asked by Jesus to see that the entire world would be able to get one of these pictures and one should be in every church. The picture can be found in the back of most churches, in bookstores or if you let me know, I'll send one to you. Jesus requested that Sr. Faustina was to tell the Pope and the entire world that the first Sunday after Easter should be designated as "DIVINE MERCY SUNDAY." This took a long time, as most people didn't believe her. How could Jesus talk to her and tell her to do this? The priests didn't believe in her and neither did the rest of the Sisters. She went through a great deal of suffering, misunderstanding and humiliations. It wasn't until 70 years after her death that Pope John Paul 11 in the year 2000, finally was able to proclaim the First Sunday after Easter, as Divine Mercy Sunday and spread the devotion of Divine Mercy. For that reason, he has been called the Mercy Pope. Now, the Feast is celebrated all over the world on the first Sunday after Easter. The mercy of God is not something new, as it is the central theme of the entire Bible. Unless we do works of mercy, we cannot be his followers. I find the words, "Jesus, I trust in You" so very comforting. I don't know how I'd get through the trials of life without faith and trust. How do you know if someone has faith? It's by the JOY they show in the middle of trials and problems. Sr. Faustina is a powerful saint to pray to because before she died she said she would continue helping us after her death and would never forget us. Jesus promised that she would be able to "distribute His graces, to whom she wishes." Every minute of my life can be blessed because if I accept the present with love and trust, it becomes holy. I can help Jesus to save souls. This means if I have a headache, if my plans don't go well, people disappoint me, all suffering can be offered for souls so in need of Jesus. Jesus commanded us to show three kinds of mercy: acts of mercy, words of mercy and prayer. I can always show mercy by prayer, if I can't always help others by word or action. My prayer reaches out even where I cannot reach out physically. Let's ask Jesus to make us merciful - in every single thing that we do - our heartbeats, every breath we take. Lord, help our eyes to be merciful, so that we may never judge, but look for what is beautiful in my neighbor. Help us, that our ears may be merciful so that we may not be indifferent to our neighbor's pain. Help us, Lord, that our tongues be merciful, so that we should never speak negatively about our neighbor, but rather give a word of comfort and forgiveness. Help us, Lord, that our tongues be merciful, so that we should never speak negatively about our neighbor, but rather give a word of comfort and forgiveness. Help us, Lord, that our hands be merciful and filled with good deeds. Help our feet to be merciful, so we may hurry to assist our neighbor, regardless of how tired we are. The Chaplet of Divine Mercy is a beautiful prayer, taught to Sr. Faustina by Jesus Himself. He asked her to pray it throughout the day. It is a powerful prayer for the dying, those who are sick and the souls in Purgatory. I find myself praying it often during the day, while driving, doing ordinary jobs, before I go to sleep and getting up in the morning. It can be said on ordinary rosary beads and takes about 7 minutes. (If you wish to know how to pray the Chaplet, go to Google.) Sr. Faustina's DIARY, WHICH CONTAINS ALL THE WORDS OUR LORD said to her, is a most inspiring book. I read from it every day.
Don't forget: let's "snuggle up" to His Merciful Heart,
Sister Francelle
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment