Friday, October 9, 2009

Your Secret Weapon‏

Dearest Ones,

Every time we suffer hurts or injustices, we need to remember that people are not our enemies; Satan is our enemy. God has given us a secret weapon, one that is sure to defeat the devil and destroy his plans. In Romans 12:21, it says: "Do not let yourself be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." You have a secret weapon against the enemy, and he absolutely hates it because he knows he can't win against it. Your weapon is your ability to be good to people who offend you. This is difficult when you are upset. Someone may say, "But I can't be good to that person who hurt me. I just can't do it!" Yes, you can. God does not ask us to do things without giving us the ability to do them. When you think you can't obey God's command to "do good to those who hurt you", try saying, "God, by your grace I am going to be good to that person. I am not going to tell others what he has done to me. I will not speak against that person who hurt me. I am going to be kind to that person and pray for him with Your help." You may not have warm fuzzy feelings toward a person who has hurt you, but as a follower of Jesus Christ, you must deal with your anger that way He taught us. Do it when you don't feel like it, the feelings will follow. Don't let the devil control your will power. It makes you a prisoner to negative feelings. The devil sets us up to get upset, because he knows the love of God cannot flow through us if we are upset. We can learn to stay calm and cool. The next time something happens that could easily upset you, ask yourself, "Is this worth it? Will being upset change the situation?" Every day we are faced with good and evil; we decide which to choose. If we don't deal with our anger and hatred, we will soon find ourselves with all kinds of problems If we stay angry with someone long enough, the anger takes root in our hearts and we develop bitterness, becoming resentful and miserable. Sometimes people are angry at someone for a situation that happened many years ago. They often say, "Well, I have really tried and I just can't get over this." Yes, they can. God doesn't ever ask us to do anything impossible. If He tells us to forgive, then we can forgive. If He tells us to stay calm and cool, it is possible to do it.

God is on your side and that makes you a winner!

God loves you!
Sister Francelle

No comments: