Dearest Ones,
A happy and blessed Advent to you! As always, I lift this letter up to the Lord. I write to you, my dearest friends, not because I'm so perfect, because I struggle daily to be more like Jesus. If you have avoided the Lord because you feel unworthy - come, the door is open. You are not alone. Many people avoid Him because they feel imperfect.
We are all struggling to be what God wants us to be. It is His love that transforms us. I believe the Lord has invited me to write to you because I am so imperfect. God doesn't tell us to follow Him so we'll become rich or famous but to walk with Him in the quiet hidden life. We must seek him in our daily duties, no matter how monotonous or boring they may be. He calls us to work for His glory, as we face the endless trials of life. We are to become great saints, while carrying our cross, and it's all because of love. God is love.
In every circumstance ask this question: "How can I put Jesus into this situation?" That is the key to living. Did you know Jesus wasn't always comfortable living in this world? But the reason he could do it was because he always did what pleased his Father. He obeyed. He didn't want to go to the cross, in fact he detested it, but it was His Father's will. He obeyed because it was the only way to save us. That's why the most important thing you can teach your children is to obey. It is what will make them happy in the end. The ten commandments were given to us to make us happy - not to make our lives miserable.
Offer yourself to Jesus just as you are. Don't wait to be pleased with yourself. I often say to Jesus in the morning: "I offer myself to you with all my faults." I must give myself to Him just as I am or I am never going to develop a friendship with Him. Love your appearance, regardless of how ugly you think you are because God gave it to you.
Jesus wants, from the minute I wake up, for me to intercede for others. I must claim sinners for Jesus - He's counting on me and you, too. If we don't help Him today to save this or that soul, they may not be saved at all. Each soul is his favorite. If we only knew His love for each one. Believe in this love.
Tell Jesus that you count on Him, your best friend, in every need. Are you worrying about how you are going to pay for Christmas presents? Ask Him to take care of this for you. Really count on Him - don't just say words. Tell Jesus you're counting on Him.
Jesus doesn't want us to be afraid of Him, but to see His heart so full of love. Some people are so afraid of Jesus and so remain a stranger to Him. This is exactly what the devil wants. Tell them to come, to give themselves up to love just as they are. Jesus will transform them. In an instant, He can change you.
All that you have asked for in faith you can expect. Most of us won't do great things so that the world will applause. It's the little things, like a smile, withholding a judgment, forgiveness or a kind word that make life worthwhile. Ask Jesus how you can bring people to Him. He is your intimate Friend who knows all the secrets of our hearts.
Offer your entire day as a gift from yourself. Offer your most ordinary actions. In this way you may gain strength for some poor soldier who is weary on the battlefield far away. Jesus alone can give true joy and he will give it if we will only come to Him.
In God's love and mine,
Sister Francelle
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment