Dearest Ones,
God is in charge of this world, regardless of what any politician says. America belongs to God, just as every other country in this world does. What happens to America should be the concern of every American. That's why I have been praying for the upcoming elections, so that Godly men and women will be elected to lead our country. It is vitally important that we all vote in this coming election.
At times I find it hard to choose between two candidates, when I prefer not to vote for either of them. You may have this trouble. Not to vote at all is the easy way out and I am tempted to do just that.
Then I think of the many countries in the world where people are not allowed to choose their leaders. They are ruled by dictators. I also think about the women and men who are fighting and giving their lives so I can have the privilege of voting. I am ashamed not to vote. If I don't know enough about a candidate, there are ways I can find out. I can go to the internet or I can ask someone I trust, someone who lives a good life, loves God and follows his commands, and ask Him who he thinks would be the best person. Sometimes, it may be I will vote for the person, who is most in agreement with my beliefs, even though I don't agree with everything he stands for.
I look at voting as a serious obligation and a privilege. It is also an obligation to become informed and not just vote a certain way because your family always did it that way. I think of Katrina Sachse, my nephew David's wife, now living in Holland, who flew all the way to Tiwain, so she could vote in their election. That is how vitally important she considers her right to vote.
America is greatly in need of moral integrity. Since the Supreme Court voted to take prayer out of the public schools, there has been a huge increase in teen-age shooting in our schools. Since legalizing abortion and pornography, our nation has become more and more sinful. Sins are called "mistakes" and wrong choices are not called sins anymore. Freedom does not mean we are free to choose to do anything we please.
I believe if people go before God and sincerely pray for wisdom, then God will guide them to vote for the persons who will govern with the ten commandments in mind, rather than what is most popular. Let's vote for those who consult the Bible first, before making laws - for those who are not ashamed to believe in God. Let's all take part in giving our country back to God where it belongs. No matter what politicians say or how the elections turn out, we still have Jesus on our side and that is all that really matters.
Prayer: Forgive us , Lord, for taking our freedoms for granted. If enough people pray, instead of just talk, we can bring our beloved country back to You. Fill us with your Holy Spirit so we have the courage to stand up for what we know is right. Amen.
In God We Trust,
Sister Francelle
No comments:
Post a Comment