Dearest Ones,
We all have a heart condition. God looks across the earth, hunting for hearts that are pure and loving. Our real life is in our hearts, our thoughts and our attitudes. Jesus said some pretty scary things about the heart, for example: If you hate your brother in your heart, then its no different than if you murdered him.
God doesn't care what we wear, how much money we have, what our weight is or how much we know. I try to say each morning: "Here I am, God. What can I do for you today? " I amthinking of the joy to be found in the day that is coming. I've learned over the years, that Christ is right here with me - in my Sisters and in my friends. I must reach out to them with Jesus. You and I may be the only Jesus some will meet today.
Jesus told us love comes from the heart, when He appeared to St. Margaret Mary in the 17th century, saying, "Behold this heart, which has so loved men and is loved so little in return." He longs for our love so very much. He gave us our families, where we can show that love to one another. In showing love to each other, we show our love for Jesus. Love begins in the family.
Have a willing heart, which means giving instead of being selfish, offering a compliment, a prayer or a hand to help. You don't have to feel like it, do it anyway. To be a real Christian, you don't have to feel like doing something good. What you feel like has nothing to do with what you do. Every time you feel like doing the wrong thing, and you chose to do the right thing instead, you become more like Jesus.
God wants you to have a soft heart, not a hard one. It's possible to have a hard heart and not even know it. If you think you may have trouble with a hard heart, pray this prayer: "Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto yours." Jesus promised in Ezekiel 11:19: "I will put a new heart in you." God will make your heart tender, if you let Him. Isn't that wonderful?
Have a confident heart. Confident means to trust that God will give you all the help you need. The minute we lose confidence, it may be because of looking at someone else and wishing we had what they have. We don't have to compare ourselves with anyone else. That is the single greatest destroyer of confidence. The minute you lose confidence, you give yourself to the devil. He doesn't want us to have confidence in our prayers. He wants us to sit around feeling like a failure. How do we keep Satan under our feet? Say often, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." You might say, I don't feel confident, but feelings are not that important. Many of the bravest people often feel scared to death. The word fear implies running away. In other words, God is saying when fear comes, which it will because fear is the enemy of confidence, don't let it stop you. We are to do it afraid! Maybe you think that some people have fear and others don't. The truth is that fear comes to everybody.
We need a forgiving heart. The devil works so hard - it's amazing how many Christians he can convince to become angry. This is a contradiction for a Christian. If someone offends you, go right to Jesus. Ask Him what you should do. Say, "Jesus, let me act like you would act." But we might say instead, "I don't think it's right for him to offend me." When you forgive, you're doing yourself a favor. When you forgive, you give God permission to deal with those who offend you, instead of you trying to do it for Him. Forgiveness is a decision, not something we feel like doing. You need to make up your mind: I will not live angry. I will not live mad because I want the love of God to pour out of me.
The minute someone hurts you - you must pray for them - immediately. The next thing you and I must do, is stop talking about them. You know why you have to stop talking about it? It's like picking a scab off a wound. It only makes things worse. If possible, bless them, that is, do them a favor.
The devil knows what gets you upset and he sets you up to get upset. To remain peaceful and joyful when nothing is going right - that's what shows what kind of a person we are. Even though I lose my job, grocery prices are going through the roof, my child is so hard to control, I think I'm going crazy, I can't get my spouse to do what I want and my in-laws are giving me a nervous breakdown - yet I will rejoice!!
"Overcome evil with good" (Romans 12) is the only answer - it is the only way to keep a happy heart!
With my prayers and love for you,
Sister Francelle
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment