Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fr. Jose

Dearest Ones, I heard about a most unusual occurence experienced by a priest from India, who is now ministering in a Catholic Church in Macclenny, Florida. I will give you his amazing personal testimony. In his own words, Fr. Jose Maneyangat says: I was born in 1949 in India, oldest of seven children, and became a priest in 1975. in 1985, I was going to celebrate Mass and had a fatal accident. I was riding a motorcycle when I was hit head-on by a jeep driven by a Hindu resident. I was rushed to a hospital about 35 miles away. on the way, my soul became released from my body and I experienced death. Immediately I meet my Guardian Angel, I saw my body and the people carrying me to the hospital. I heard them crying and praying. My angel told me: "I am going to take you to Heaven, the Lord wants to meet you and talk with you.' He also said that on the way, he wanted to show me hell and purgatory. First, the angel too me to hell. It was an awful sight. I saw Satan and the devils, people screaming and fighting. The souls looked very ugly, cruel and horrible. I saw people I knew who had died, but I am not allowed to reveal their identities. The angel told me if they had only repented, they would have avoided hell and gone instead to purgatory. I also understood that some people who repent from their sins might be purified on earth through their sufferings. This way they can avoid purgatory and go straight to heaven. After the visit to hell, my angel took me to purgatory. Here, there was no quarreling or fighting. The main suffering is their separation from God. Even though these souls are suffering, they enjoy peace because some day they will see God. The souls here asked me to pray for them and when they get to heaven, they will pray for me. Next, my angel escorted me to heaven. I never experienced so much peace and joy. I saw souls who were like shining stars. Jesus told me: "I want you to go back to the world. You will be an instrument of peace and healing in America. Everything is possible for you with My grace." Then, I came back to the world with my angel. While my body was at the hospital, the doctor pronounced me dead and the staff moved me to the morgue. As they moved my body, my soul came back to my body. I felt terrible pain. I began to scream and people started to run away. The doctor came and found me alive, saying, "Father is alive, it is a miracle!" Back at the hospital, doctors worked on my broken bones. My orthopedic doctor said I would never walk again. I then said to him: "The Lord sent me back from the dead and he will heal me. After a month, during which I was not able to move, I heard a voice saying: "You are healed." I felt the peace and healing power on my body and got up and walked. The Hindu doctor was amazed and said, "Your God is the true God. I must follow Him." He was baptized later. I came to the United States in 1986, as a missionary. Since 1999, I have been pastor of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Macclenny, Florida. Ever month, I have healing Masses, during which many have been healed. I believe Fr. Jose because I have no reason to doubt him. The visions he had do not tell us anything new - it is all part of our Christian faith. Why would he make it up? That would be foolish. I think Our Lord allowed this to happen to Fr. Jose to encourage the rest of us and to let us know there is a life beyond this world. (see Internet for more about Fr. Jose) Love and prayers, Sister Francelle

No comments: