Dearest Ones,
When God looks at us, He sees our hearts because that is where our real life is. Prov. 4:23: "Guard your heart for out of it flow your thoughts."
When God looks at us, He sees our hearts because that is where our real life is. Prov. 4:23: "Guard your heart for out of it flow your thoughts."
Our hearts are made for giving. Don't just give - give with a willing heart. Be a blessing to other people if you want to increase the power of God in you. See how many times you can give. It doesn't have to be money - it can be encouragement, smiles, help, a prayer - we need to live this way because it is the only way to have a healthy heart.
To give with a willing heart doesn't mean we will always feel like giving. What is the difference between willing and feeling? If I went by my feelings alone, I may not be writing this right now. Not because I don't love you or love what I'm doing, but I might not feel like it.
Learn how to live with a cheerful heart. 2 Cor. "Let each one give as not with grudges, selfishness, for the Lord loves a cheerful giver." He wants us to be happy about giving. I encourage you to stop saying "I have to" instead of "I want to." Don't say, "I have to clean the house, I have to go to the grocery store, I have to do the laundry, I have to go to church, I have to pray," etc. You don't have to do anything, but the more we say, "I have to" instead of "I want to clean my house, I want to go to church, I want to pray," the more we will feel dragged down. God has given us a free choice, what an honor that is and what a responsibility.
Learn how to live with a cheerful heart. 2 Cor. "Let each one give as not with grudges, selfishness, for the Lord loves a cheerful giver." He wants us to be happy about giving. I encourage you to stop saying "I have to" instead of "I want to." Don't say, "I have to clean the house, I have to go to the grocery store, I have to do the laundry, I have to go to church, I have to pray," etc. You don't have to do anything, but the more we say, "I have to" instead of "I want to clean my house, I want to go to church, I want to pray," the more we will feel dragged down. God has given us a free choice, what an honor that is and what a responsibility.
God wants a stirred up heart. Talk to yourself. St. Paul tells us in Rom. 12:11 what to say: "Never lag in zeal, in earnest endeavor be burning with the Spirit serving the Lord."
You don't have to be especially smart, have a college degree, or be especially talented to have a perfect heart. First thing in the morning say, "What can I do for you today, God? I want you to show me." That's what it means to have a perfect heart.
What about a tender heart? The opposite of a tender heart is a hard heart. God can't do anything with a hard heart. We have to really guard against letting our hearts get hard. If you have a hard heart, you cannot be moved with sympathy or compassion. We need to pray for a tender heart. Ez. 11-19 says: "I will give them a new heart; I will put a new spirit within them, and I will take the stony hard heart out of them. I will give them a heart, sensitive and kind." Isn't that beautiful that God would do that for us? Why not ask Him to do that for you?
Have a confident heart - what does that mean? It's all about a decision - first of all, you make a decision not to put your confidence in anything else, not your bank account, your education, your looks, your house or your clothes. You don't have to compare myself with anybody else. You don't have to compete with them. We can have complete confidence because our value is based on what we are worth to Him and not anybody else. You can have a string of degrees as long as your arm, but that doesn't make you any better than anybody else. It's not about head knowledge, it's what's in your heart that counts. We have to be confident; the minute you lose your confidence, you give yourself over to the devil.
The Bible says, "Fear not, for I am with you." What if I don't feel confident? I can choose to believe I am confident even if I don't feel confident. You can do things when you feel afraid - to feel afraid doesn't mean you are a coward. Boldness is taking action in the presence of fear.
Keep a forgiving heart - most important area, because the devil works so hard to keep us critical, bitter and offended easily. If you can make it through one day without being offended, its a blessing. It is astonishing how many angry Christians there are! If someone offends you, go right to God, say a prayer for them. Be quick at forgiving, don't even stop to think about it. We're always so quick at giving everybody what they deserve. How would you like it if you got from God what you deserve? Forgiveness is for you, not for them, because when you forgive, your heart's not damaged. When you forgive, you give God permission to deal with people Himself. As long as you're doing it for Him, He thinks, "Well, let me know when you're done." God is the one who forgives.
You don't need to have bitterness and hatred in your heart. Forgiveness is like love, it's a decision. It is not a feeling. Make up your mind - "I will not live angry." "I will not live offended." "I will not live mad." It damages the heart. We need the love of God in our hearts, so it can flow out to others. Besides praying for the one who offends you, you need to stop talking about them. You know why you need to stop talking about it - it's like picking a scab off of a wound? "You know what so and so said to me...." we want to say. It's so hard when you're hurting to say something nice about the one who hurts us, but it is so important. Besides praying for them and stop talking about them, go the extra mile and bless them - wish them well. If you bless them, you're free.
Guard your heart!
Sister Francelle
No comments:
Post a Comment