Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mornings...


Dearest Ones,

It's a New Year and time to think about resolutions (you know, those things we try to keep but hardly ever do!)  I am thinking about Joy and Gratitude, as two things God wants from me.   In order to stay in perfect peace, I need to give God the choicest time of the day - mornings.  I don't want to give God the part of the day when I'm tired, worn out and can't think straight or hardly keep my eyes open.  
 
I've trained myself to start each day by giving God my first thoughts, however, each year I need to start all over again with my resolution.  It's not easy at first, but like any habit, through effort and discipline, it becomes easier with time.  It makes me realize that I'm not going to get through the day peacefully, if I don't spend time with God.  So, each morning, I spend the first hour with Him in order to feel I can behave properly and walk in the Spirit throughout the day.  I'm not saying you should do this, maybe you don't have time or God hasn't called you to do this.  Maybe a shorter amount of time works better for you.  Each person must do what works best for them.

Mornings are best for me, during which, I can give God the best of my heart - it's not yet cluttered with "stuff."  I realize that not everyone is a morning person.  I only share what works for me.  During my prayer time, I try not to think about everything I need to do, anticipating the problems that may happen.  I am trying to listen, instead.
 
I have learned that prayer is not telling God what to do, but rather, listening for what He wants to do.  It's not getting my way, but letting God have His way.  I find myself praying for the same things over and over:  a loved one struggling with a broken heart, financial worries, health issues, or just daily worries beyond our control.  Why doesn't God answer our prayers and lets bad things happen to good people?  I don't know the answer, except that people seem to pray more deeply when they have trouble.  When things are going along OK, we tend to feel we don't need God.

Psalm 31 helps me:  "I trusted in, relied on, and was confident in you, Lord;  I said, MY TIMES ARE IN YOUR HANDS."

Proverbs 3 says:  " Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.  In all your ways know and acknowledge Him, and he will direct and make straight and plain your paths.  Be not wise in your own eyes."   

God wants to hear us say: "Lord, I don't know how You're going to work through me today - I don't care how you do it.  But I know it's going to be right.  I trust you with all my problems.  Trusting You is my first priority in life."

Talk to God as you go about your day, asking Him to direct you in the choices you are making.  As you become aware that God  is always with you, you will keep Him first in everything you set out to do, and He will show you a direct path that will lead you to peace.  

All my love and prayers,
Sister Francelle sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com

No comments: