Dearest Ones,
I don't think God wants us to lose a single minute. Time is short for saving many souls. It is not merely by praying that they are saved, but through the actions of even our most ordinary lives. Offer God everything. Give it to poor sinners. Take pains to help them. Offer God all the crosses in the world - all the suffering. So few people offer their lives for God's children - and yet, that is what He did all the time He was on earth. We are to imitate Him. Give Him souls. When on the cross, Jesus said, "I thirst." He meant He was thirsting for souls.
We are on this earth to imitate Jesus. We are to act like Him, as much as possible. Jesus loved everyone who came to Him, but many did not love Him, they only wanted something for themselves. He went especially to those who were lonely and hurting. The outcasts in this world were His friends. Jesus is leading you in the right path in life. He's thinking of you all the time. If you find it hard to believe that, ask Him to help you believe it.
Try to see His hand in everything that happens because He is in all that happens. Don't ever think that anything happens by chance - instead, it is all lovingly planned. If only we knew how great His love is for us, we would never stop thanking Him. Your daily cross - hold it close to your heart. It's not just any cross; it is yours, the one He picked just for you. Love him for it and go patiently on your way with it. If you believe in Jesus' love for you, suffering will be sweet to you. It doesn't mean that you won't feel the pain, but knowing He loves us makes it bearable.
Please don't get discouraged if you find yourself doubting God's presence - this happens to me very often. When it happens, I call out to Jesus, just as Peter did when he was sinking into the water, "Lord, save me!" Ask for help from the saints - St. Peter, St. Therese, St. Germaine, St. Francis and St. Margaret Mary are those I call on most often. I feel so helpless at times but I know Jesus is helping me.
Is it because He is God that some people think He doesn't need our love? He longs for our love - He has even put that longing in our hearts, so that our hearts are empty until we fill them with the love of God. He knows what will make us happy - that's what He wants - our happiness! To think that His heart is lonely without our love! God actually needs out love. He wants us to keep Him company. Awesome!!
I hope I don't disappoint Him in showing Him my love. I have my doubts just like everyone, especially after Holy Communion - how can God be in the little piece of bread and the little sip of wine? But I know the devil plants these doubts in me. At times like this, I offer Him all my doubts and tell Him how sorry I am that my faith is so weak. I feel He understands. He, too, doubted His own Father's love, especially on the cross when He said, "father, why have you forsaken me?" He was treated so badly by those He came to love.
Look at everything in view of eternity. This life is so short compared to eternity.
All my love and prayers,
Sister Francelle
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment