Thursday, June 26, 2008

Indwelling of the Blessed Trinity‏

Dearest Ones,

How does God live in us? We don't know. But what does it really mean? From the moment we were baptized, God lives in our souls, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. That's why it's so important to make the Sign of the Cross with great respect. It's a mystery, so we can't understand it. But there are lots of mysteries I don't understand, but I still believe them. For example, I don't understand electricity, TV, email, the way my body converts food into energy, etc., but I still believe they exist. Children are never too young to learn about God living within them and if they hear their parents talking to God in their hearts, they, too, will learn that we are never alone - we have a friend to go to night and day and it's someone who really cares. Recently, one of the Sisters I live with heard from her niece in Iowa, who lost her home and everything in it in the floods. She called and said she had nothing left - but then she said, she began to feel arms around her and she knew it was Jesus holding her - she said with this experience, instead of having nothing, she suddenly began to feel she had everything! The Bible has much to say about God living in us: "The kingdom of God is within you," Jesus says over and over again. It's the most exciting thing in the world to know that I can talk to God at any time because He's right inside my heart. The peace and joy of the Holy Spirit are gifts that come from within. "God is love and he who lives in love lives in God and God lives in him." (1 Jn. 4:16) "If anyone loves me he will keep my word and my Father will come to him and make His home in him." (Jn. 14:23) St. Paul is very clear about the reality of the Divine Persons living within us: "Christ in you, the hope of glory." (Col. 1:27). Jesus says, "Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will enter his house and dine with him, and he with Me." (Rev. 3:20) If you live with someone, you pay attention to him. You are present to him, talk to him, listen to him, keep him company. This is how we live with God and since He is God, we do what he tells us to do. The Holy Trinity lives in us as a Friend. If we do believe this truth, how can we possibly be aware of it with the noise of radios, TV, cell phones, etc? We need to meet Jesus daily for a least 10 minutes, when we are alone. What is more important than prayer? We need to pray in order to keep on believing what we cannot see. God will help us to believe. Prayer keeps us good friends with Christ. If we keep in close touch with the three Divine Persons within, we will not fear the future. How will we ever "fall in love" with God if we don't pray? Prayer keeps us from thinking it is our efforts alone which produce good works. Jesus said, "I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing." (Jn. 15:5) We don't need to go to a church to pray, we can find a place alone somewhere in our homes. "But whenever you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you." (Mt. 6:6) We can also find God in nature. We can pray perfectly when we are out in the mountains or on a lake and we feel at one with nature. We can find the Trinity while walking, running, waiting in lines, driving, in housework or yard work or taking a bath. Being aware of God within us is like heaven on earth. Nothing can give more peace to our soul. I hope you make it your heaven and place of rest. Joy is to be found nowhere else. Jesus doesn't want us to miss out in the joy he has for us....in his last prayer, he prayed, "I pray not only for them, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, so that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me." (Jn. 17:20-21). A prayer to the Most Holy Trinity: "Most Holy Trinity, I adore you, I dedicate my life to you. May every thought, word and action be an act of adoration. Through the Immaculate Heart of Mary and the pure heart of St. Joseph, I consecrate my life to you. At the moment of death, may I continue my love for you through all eternity. Amen"

May we all be one in Christ,
Sister Francelle

No comments: