Dearest Ones,
It's Christmas time again and I have so much for which to be grateful. For those of you who may not know, in May, I moved back to our Motherhouse in Aberdeen, SD. My address is: 1500 North Main St. Aberdeen, SD 57401. I miss my friends in the cities: Kathy, my niece, who made me feel a special part of her family, the beloved Sisters of St. Joseph in St. Paul, the great friends at Regions Hospital, where I volunteered, and all the dear friends at Sr. Rosalind's School of Massage, where I worked for six years. I am happy to be back with our Sisters in Aberdeen. I am surrounded by old friends and much love. I especially appreciate the opportunity to have more time to pray, so let me know your prayer requests. Our poor world needs much prayer. We have exposition of the Blessed Sacrament each day for six hours. During these hours someone is always to be found in the chapel keeping Our Lord company. Managing the Gift Shop, volunteering at the local hospital and writing to Recovering Soldiers at Walter Reed occupy much of my day. At the hospital, I welcome families at the front desk, show hospitality in the I.C.U. Unit, and greet patients in the Imaging Dept. I meet many caring people among the volunteers. This summer I was pleased to have my two sisters, Rose Anne and Angela, as guests. Also, Angela's four children, Kathy, Frank, Jackie, and Linda, along with their families, each spent a weekend with me (at different times!) We had loads of fun and I even went on the Black Hills with Linda and family. I stayed with my long-time friend, JoAnn Ray (Bauhs) who lives in the Hills. Coming back through Mitchell, I also got to see a cherished high school friend, Deloris Delzer. We enjoyed talking about the "good old times". My dear brother, George, is still confined to a nursing home in Kansas City, where his wife, Rosemary, is with him. He gets around in a wheel chair and knows us when we come to see him. It is three and a half years since he had a stroke. His daughters, Sharon and Pauly, live in the same city. My sister, Rose Anne, along with cousin Mary Lou, visit him frequently. The address is: Rosemary & George Clarke c/o Santa Marta 13800 W. 116th St. Olathe, KS 66062 (I'm sure they would love mail.)
Christmas is a time to trust. Just as Joseph and Mary trusted in God's care to provide a place for Jesus to be born, so we must leave all our cares in the heart of God. No event can happen unless God allows it. Are you afraid of the future and what the New Year will bring? Leave all in the hands of God. It is so comforting and relieves us of the burden of being in charge of our lives. God has a plan for each one of you and your loved ones. Just as Jesus, a tiny baby, trusted Himself into the care of Mary and Joseph, every day we must turn everything over to Him and all will be well.Let's keep those in prayer, who may have a difficult time during the holidays, due to pain or loss of a loved one. May God who is one with our suffering, help all those who are lonely and feel unloved this Christmas. The Infant Christ heals because he has known pain, shares our pain, and stands with us in our suffering.
In Our Savior's love,
Sister Francelle
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment